Friday 23 September 2011

The end of the chapter.....

Treatment is over - and I feel as though I should be jumping from the rooftops and screaming with wild excitement - but I'm not, and that's a bit weird. Of course, it feels absolutely bloody brilliant to know that there are no more visits to the Smurfs - and this Thursday felt enormously and fantastically free - but frankly, apart from that, the whole thing feels like a bit of an anti-climax.

I guess because you don't get the reassurance of a "Off you go, you're cured" type conversation, which would be really really nice. Instead, as Lisa Lynch puts it in the C Word - the end of treatment isn't really a lovely solid full stop, its more of an indecisive semi-colon or a dot, dot, dot......

But enough of that - I am determined not to linger on it as it's simply too emotionally exhausting, and boring for everyone else. In the meantime, Operation Elfin needs to start. I have decided that to carry off a short cropped hairdo (which, for the avoidance of doubt, I do not have yet) you have to be thin and toned. I am very decidedly neither at the moment.

Also, Papa Smurf says I have to do 5 hours exercise a week to minimize the chance of recurrence - along with the low cholesterol, low sugar, low booze diet. I say she's a bully and, to be honest, rather dull.

It will all have to wait until we come back from holiday! That, I am excited about and jumping from the rooftops - it feels an age since we last really had lovely family time - I simply can't wait. Hurray!

Follicle news

I've also been told that eyebrows and eyelashes can take even longer than hair to grow back - I was assuming that my caterpillars would re-emerge swiftly, given how often I had to pluck the buggers - but it seems not, which is a shame. A face without eyebrows is like Take That without Robbie (contentious), or Queen without Freddie (less so) - nice enough but just not complete somehow....... no matter how cleverly you draw them on.

Hair (fuzz) growing fast but still totally see through. A few weeks should see normal hair starting to appear - in a fetching shade of mouse (sorry Paddy, EAGLE, I know....). By Xmas I should have an Emma Watson style crop - hence the need for elfin-ness.

Not sure what I am going to do with this blog. Perhaps one last posting before we come home at Xmas, with a photo, so that you all recognise me and don't think Hermione has come to stay.......

Happy days.

As zen-like and serene as ever, J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment