Tuesday 31 May 2011

Three down, one to go

AC chemo 3 is officially over. The "ill" time is two days shorter this cycle, which leads me to believe that I had flu (brought home from work/school by both Napoleon and J during the week) last time. That would explain why I felt so flu-like, then.

Anyway, for whatever reason, it is a huge morale boost to have an unexpected two days of feeling good. And another huge morale boost to know that there is only one more of these horrible cycles before I move onto the easier weekly ones - although the idea of going to the Opium Den every week for 12 weeks fills me with absolute horror. I'm not thinking about the realities of that too much at the moment - it's easier to cope with one thing at a time and that is definitely tomorrow's worry.

Instead, I spend some time during the grotty days revising for my Singaporean driving license - reading the rules of the road and taking the practice tests - which suddenly explains a whole load about Singaporean driving standards. Two questions that spring to mind are:

"When should you use the middle lane of a 3-lane carriageway?"

A) when you are overtaking slow moving traffic in the left lane
B) when you don't know whether to turn left or right
C) when you are overtaking slow moving traffic in the right lane

The correct answer, somewhat surprisingly, is B. What's worrying is that both A and C have equal status.......

And another totally genuine question - had me stumped - "When waiting at a traffic signal, you should:..."

A) be alert for other road users
B) rev your engine to prepare for the green light
C) take the opportunity to sip your coffee

Luckily I have until July to master this.

This week I finally get over the whole hair thing - having definitely been in denial and then grieving, I reach acceptance. Well, I reach OK with it, and that's good enough for the moment. It helps that the kids are now relaxed enough about it to take the piss (they have started to call me Dobby, which I feel is unkind) - as always, laughing takes the sting away.

Unexpectedly, though, I have stubble on my head - it feels rather nice, like moleskin. I expect it will all fall out again in a few days time, but it's good to know it WILL come back.....

As zen-like and serene as ever, J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment